Monday, August 17, 2009

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since my last post, but we've been pretty busy around here lately! Todd finally pinned Lindsey down on a college, and we went to tour Tarleton State in Stephenville. This sign was in the welcome center when we walked in! Lindsey was embarrassed that I took the picture, but I told her one day she would appreciate it. I couldn't get her to stand beside the sign so this was the best I could do!

On our way from Stephenville, we research the internet for the best deal on cars and the "Cash for Clunkers" incentive. Well, if you know Lindsey and what she drives, it definitely qualifies as a clunker! (Todd's philosophy was that we had better get some of the money back that we will eventually be paying back in the infamous stimulus plan! ) So, Dad, the salesman (he did better than the Nissan guy!) convinced Lindsey into the Nissan Versa hatchback! He told her it look SUVish. She stood back, took a couple of pics to send to friends, and said that it looked cute. SOLD!

Ozzie, the salesman, took the time to show Lindsey what was under the hood (like she really cared!) Little did he know, Lindsey has been having to check the oil almost weekly in her old truck! All Lindsey cared about was that the car had a working CD player!

Yes, this is my oldest child! I don't know what came over her, but she showed up in my room in which the majority of second grade teachers were present to show me this "get up"! She and Lindsey were on their way to Alex's house to cheer her up because she had been sick. AAAWWWW! How Sweet!

Do you know when you get something in your head and you can't get it out until you get it or do it? Well, I had it in my head that I wanted a Juicer. They were on sale at Kohl's and I had an extra 30% coupon burning a hole in my purse. Well, I bought the thing and a plethora of fruits and vegetables! I juiced all afternoon Sunday and made the biggest mess! I bought this book called Eat This, Not That! and decided Todd and I were going to eat more healthy. With the juicer, we would drink our fruits and vegetables. I made up baggies of juice to freeze that would last awhile. That thing is a PAIN to clean! Jake, Derek, and Lindsey are trying the watermelon and carrot juice. I know you think that sounds gross, but the watermelon sweetens the carrot juice enough that it is actually tolerable!! We will see how long my juicing lasts!





The latest tiles I painted for Courtney in 2 days!!!


Just finished and delivered this teacher sign.







No comments: