Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sprucin' up the Kitchen

I have been wanting to redo my kitchen backsplash for some time now. I even checked out those faux panels at Home Depot, but those were almost 20 bucks each. I thought about faux painting it, but I just couldn't decide what I was going to do until I saw this product above on Southern Hospitality. I purchased a roll of this at Home Depot for $12.97, used less than a quart of paint that I had left over from a different project, painted a piece of plywood I had in my scrap stash, and Voila!





I dry-brushed cream paint on the beadboard to make it look weathered.





I did not want this piece of formica behind the stove and even told the installers not to do it, but they did it anyway. I painted this scripture and sealed it REALLY good so I can clean up the bacon splatters!









5 comments:

Lacy said...

Totally fabulous! What a difference. I told Kris the other day that I had to have some of that! I saw it on SH also! How cool.

Sada said...

I love it!!! I super love the formica you painted!! Girl -- if I had your talent, my whole house would be painted with scripture and who knows what else :)

Lacie said...

ok.. so do you hire out??? i have some ORANGE formica from the 70's in my kitchen... been putting off the kitchen redo, who knows, maybe it will come back in style! doubt it, but maybe! your kitchen backsplash looks great... and i love the scripture behind your stove! smiles..

teresa said...

Actually the painted scripture is a piece of plywood. I attached it to the formica with industrial strenght velcro. Now, I can change it out whenever I want!

Genny said...

This may be your best yet. And, I think I'm going to have to copy it. My kitchen is in serious need of a redo.