Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ladies Retreat '09 "The Bloomery"

Debby and Jana had all the decorations in place and they look great! The pots were sold to help pay for the decorations. We were able to make our money back plus add some to the women's ministry fund! Carrie is in deep concentration below! Thanks Cindy for helping me with the pin class!
Our speaker, Julie Woodruff, flew in from Tennessee. She was great! During the first session , she spoke about losing our first love. If we let our love for Jesus fade, then we get deeper in sin and farther away from Christ. God is right where we left Him. We have to return to him and rekindle that love with our Lord. Sometimes I get so busy that God gets pushed aside, and I realized that I need to be there with Him first and foremost. Julie also spoke about what kind of Christian woman we should be and forgiveness. She is a wonderful speaker.
Get those petals made, girls!


Bubba, Sharon, and their Conroe friends show off their flower pins.





2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm prayin over my flower...lol! That is concentration! I made one all by myself last night! You would be so proud! Thanks for all that you do!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

those are reallly cute! i'm gonna beg Denise to make me one.. did you teach her how to do it yet?? Lacy's was really cute too!