Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Treasures

Aren't these neat? These are just cut out of plywood, and I think the glass stones are placed in some sort of paintable silicone. It is then stained. This booth was in one of the Arbors and packed with people. Maybe that's where all the people were!
I have a weakness for soaps. I buy these almost everytime I go. All the soaps are handmade and are located in the Walkway by the Creek.

I have plans for these! I am considering the show at the Country Club this year.
I bought these cabinet doors for 2 bucks each! I plan on painting some of these with chalkboard paint.
Since it was too hot to buy soup, I bought fruit dip mix and spinach artichoke dip. We ate the artichoke dip and strawberry dip for supper! Yum!

Okay, this is my most treasured piece. It looks like a desk, but it extends to a table! I have been looking for a small table to go against the wall in my living room to put a lamp and the laptop on. I sanded it today. Now I have to decide how to paint it.

Ashley called the other day and said she wanted a real chest of drawers for her room. Last year we bought just rubbermaid drawers because she had a big closet to put them in. Well, Cindy and I found this and the table. The table was marked 49.50 and the chest was marked 59.50. Cindy bargained and I got both pieces for......are you ready? $75.00!!!! The chest below is the new look after I painted it today! I will eventually get new pulls, but I painted them silver.



21 comments:

Lacy said...

Fabulous finds and I think the dresser looks fantastic and the pulls even look great! Ok.....so Ill be calling you becuase I want a cross, paddle, necklace holder and maybe a cabinet door!!! Aaahhhhh!!! I better get a second job!!

ko said...

Good job...that is funny..we bought a bargain dresser today for Becs room....and painted it black....GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE I MUST SAY! I love the Crosses! Cant wait to see all of your works of art!
Kyley

Hillary said...

I love your goodies! We were in Canton during July and I fell in love with those crosses too. They are so unique and different so I just had to have one. I desperately want a paddle! They are too cute. Are you taking orders yet?

Jana Corley said...

I love the crosses with the glass stones! I am going to have to try making some!!!

B. said...

That dresser re-do is great! Looks so good....

Unknown said...

Love that unique table! And your chest looks great in black.
Diane

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

The chest looks great and I love the pull-out table! :)
~Rhonda

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

$75 for both -- good WORK! I love those types of tables and am looking for one that folds up to more of a sofa table size.

Unknown said...

Oh that desk er table is such a great find and such a beautiful piece! And boy do I ever love that chest painted in black. It's so nice and rich looking!

Blogger said...

That dresser is my favorite! I wouldn't even get new pulls for it, the original ones painted silver look great as is :)

Great finds!

Nice to meet you,
Bella

Free Art Printables said...

I love that littel desk and what a great make over on the dresser! Jen R

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are great deals on the furniture & I love the chest painted black. Thanks for coming by my thrifty party!

Rhoda

Jeanne said...

First of all your jeweled pieces are so pretty. Next your table is a great find. The fact that it extends is perfect for additional uses. Happy bargain hunting.

Jeanne

Ashley said...

What great deals. I love that nifty table. The drawers look fabulous.

Missy Wertz said...

Wonderful finds! I love how the chest of drawers turned out and the table is fab!

nikkicrumpet said...

Beautiful finds. The table is wonderful and isn't it great what black paint will do for an old dresser! I enjoyed your post and look forward to visiting often

Anonymous said...

What great finds and the price wasn't bad either for the 2 wood pieces. You've made them look fantastic!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rue said...

Great finds! I could never paint that table though.

rue :)

Beverly said...

Great finds, and they look awesome.

bj said...

I just love that interesting table! Bet you will really enjoy it.
Now,I have a chest of drawers almost just like yours..I've been debating on what color to paint it and now that I've seen yours,I know just what to do with it.
Many thanks....

Sada said...

I love it!! I have got to get some garage sales and find great furniture like that to paint!!